Design Search Associates serves as a strategic advisor to leading architecture and design firms seeking exceptional talent. Currently we are filling the following leadership opportunity and invite you to consider submitting your resume and professional portfolio.
Design Search Associates (DSA) offers a talent referral program if you refer a friend that our client hires. These bonuses range from $500 to $4,000.
Serves as either architectural and or/ FF&E team member under the direction of the Design Director and Project Manager .
Reports to: Senior Designer, Project Manager, Design Director
Amount of Travel Required: 20%-50%
- Knowledge of local material resources preferred
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- Proven experience in FF&E design development and documentation.
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Works with Design Director and client to develop schematic FF&E design based on project criteria, program and budget
- Participates in presentation and ensures format is compatible with office and client standards
- Develops and maintain FF&E budget
- Serves as principal contact with purchasing agent
- Review sample, strike-offs, etc. for compliance with specifications and design intent
- Directs and reviews furniture plans for content and accuracy and insures that they fully coordinated with architectural, electrical, RCP and lighting plans and other consultants’ drawings
- Coordinates presentation of artwork
- Coordinates FF&E installation with all parties involved
- Produce and coordinate finish schedule
- Direct education of Associate Designer staff and Interns in office standards and policy
- Make task assignments to Assistant Designers
- Responsible for revising specifications
- Develops schematic design from established project program and client needs
- Translates schematic design into design development drawings for use by production staff
- Participates in presentations as needed
- Assists in coordination of interior architectural documents with work of consultants and architects
- Prepares interior architectural specifications
- Accountability – Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility. This competency asks the question “How do you look at responsibility for your work?”
- Active Listening- Active listening looks at the extent to which an individual actively attends to, conveys, and understands the comments and questions of others. This competency asks the question “How well do you really hear and understand what others are saying?”
- Initiative- Initiative looks at the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue. This competency asks the question “How confident are you in making decisions on the basis of your own initiative?”
- Judgment – The skill of judgment looks at the ability of the individual to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information. This competency asks the question “How do you make decisions?”
- Interpersonal – Interpersonal skills look at the ability of the individual to develop and maintain relationships with others. This competency asks the question “How effectively do you relate with others?”
- Time Management- Time management skills looks at the ability of the individual to effectively utilize available time for the completion of necessary job tasks. This competency asks the question “How efficient and productive are you in the utilization of available working time?”
- Communication – Communication is the ability to convey info, written and oral in a clear and concise manner. Does employee use active listening skills with an interest to understand others.
- Attitude – Is a cooperative member of the team. Possess a positive, helpful attitude. Does the employee respond to emergency request for assistance?
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school)
Experience: 5 plus years of experience in Architecture or Design
Other Requirements: Experience in the Hospitality industry, writing custom specifications and fluent in Adobe Photoshop.
Design Search Associates offers a referral bonus program if you refer a candidate that our client hires. These bonuses range from $500 up to $8,000.