Our client's Los Angeles office is seeking a Senior Laboratory Planner to join their team. This position will be the lead planner and direct a team of architects working on a variety of different healthcare projects.
Working with us, you will:
• Program and plan lab and high-tech facilities by meeting with clients/users to develop or validate program requirements;
• Directing / Documenting user requirements (program document);
• Interfacing and leading the project team in executing these requirements;
• Collaborate with the project designers in planning the facility by developing planning grids, lab organization, services distribution concepts, etc.;
• Lead the documentation of laboratory systems such as casework, lab equipment, etc.;
• Lead the project team in the early stages of the project by acquiring and documenting project requirements, and communicating / interfacing with other team members;
• Mentor and coordinate the lab planning work of junior/intermediate lab planners;
• Consult with and support Laboratory Planning for assurance of technical criteria, brainstorming future trends and participating in the national practice;
• Report to Science & Technology Studio Leader for day-to-day project criteria such as schedules, deliverables, and project staffing;
• Lead the definition, analysis, programming and planning efforts for Science & Technology projects and work with the project team in the development of those projects;
• Participate in marketing activities by attending potential client visits, documenting project requirements and assisting in proposal preparations;
• Participate in Marketing presentations;
• Participate in trade presentations such as Labs21 and Tradelines;
• Author Lab Journal Articles.
An ideal candidate has:
• 12-15+ years’ experience in programming and/or planning of laboratory and high-technology facilities (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Professional degree in Architecture (Masters preferred).
• Registration as a licensed architect preferred.
• The ability to maintain a lead role in client relationships, planning and team leadership.
• Demonstrated effectiveness working in a team setting, with a history of customer satisfaction.
• Well organized and self-motivated with good client presentation skills;
• Must possess good writing and verbal skills;
• Working knowledge of Revit desired;
• Must be experienced with academic, research and vivarium facilities for College & Universities, Government and Corporate Clients;
• Excellent communication skills.
Design Search Associates offers a referral bonus program if you refer a candidate that our client hires. These bonuses range from $500 up to $10,000.