Design Search Associates serves as a strategic advisor to leading architecture and design firms seeking exceptional talent. Currently we are filling the following leadership opportunity and invite you to consider submitting your resume and qualifications.
Position Summary-Operations Director
Provide supervision of professional Interior Design staff, providing leadership and responsibility for project staffing and client relationships. Focus on strong commitment to collaboration and utilization of resources worldwide.
- Manage scheduling of all staff; team assignments
- Strong organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Coordinate availability of production teams in international offices
- Manage project schedules and deadlines
- Participate in staff reviews and provide coaching & mentoring
- Resolve administrative issues, and manpower allocations
- Assist with training on project management process and tools
- Monitor project process, efficiency and profitability
- Participate in completing fee forecasts and review of project costing reports
- Identify potential supplemental service opportunities
- Assist Project Managers and Design Directors with scope management
- Manage relationships with key clients
- Accountability – Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility. This competency asks the question “How do you look at responsibility for your work?”
- Attitude – Is a cooperative member of the team. Possess a positive, helpful attitude. Does the employee respond to emergency request for assistance?
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Coaching and Development – Looks at the ability of an individual to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem. This competency asks the question “How well can you identify and help others to improve their knowledge or skills?”
- Leadership – Leadership skills looks at how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. This competency asks the question “How comfortable are you with making decisions and taking a leading role?”
- Active Listening- Active listening looks at the extent to which an individual actively attends to, conveys, and understands the comments and questions of others. This competency asks the question “How well do you really hear and understand what others are saying?”
- Judgment – The skill of judgment looks at the ability of the individual to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information. This competency asks the question “How do you make decisions?” “How confident are you in making decisions on the basis of your own initiative?”
- Initiative- Initiative looks at the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue. This competency asks the question “How confident are you in making decisions on the basis of your own initiative?”
- Judgment – The skill of judgment looks at the ability of the individual to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information. This competency asks the question “How do you make decisions?”
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and industry peers.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues including Business Development and Revenue Management (PNL & AR) at the global level.
Skills and Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Architecture or Interior Design)
- Experience: 10 plus years of experience in Interior Design and Executive Level Management