Design Search Associates serves as a strategic advisor to leading architecture and design firms seeking exceptional talent. Currently we are filling the following leadership opportunity and invite you to consider submitting your resume and professional portfolio.
Plan, design, and furnish interiors of large scale, luxury projects, including hotels, casinos, restaurants and private residences. Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended client purposes.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
• Active in project development and negotiations
• Develops and maintains a positive relationship and channels of communication with clients.
• Insures that "services" performed are consistent with contract, client and operator standards
• Settles disputes or conflicts regarding design, client and operator relations, quality, etc. among team members and with client, can alter scheduling in concert with client and consultants
• Ability to effectively lead office staff, mentoring, inspiring and providing developmental opportunities for individual and company growth
• Play a major leadership role by orchestrating the work of project teams focused on design, development, and delivery of outstanding solutions for all phases on a client project.
• In concert with project Design Directors, establishes overall design concepts and maintains continuity of those concepts through completion.
• Guides design team from concept through schematic design, then oversees continuity of design through design development, construction documents and construction administration.
• Serves as interpreter of client and operator standards and budget into design.
• Ensures that the schematic design is communicated properly to client, design team and production team
• Develops with the Project Manager and project Design Director, staff utilization/work plan and scheduling.
• Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
• Participates in development of presentation material and helps maintain graphic quality and content.
• Participates in client presentations/meetings through design development, then as required throughout the design and documentation phases.
• Accountability - Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility. This competency asks the question “How do you look at responsibility for your work?”
• Active Listening - Active listening looks at the extent to which an individual actively attends to, conveys, and understands the comments and questions of others. This competency asks the question “How well do you really hear and understand what others are saying?”
• Initiative - Initiative looks at the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue. This competency asks the question “How confident are you in making decisions on the basis of your own initiative?”
• Judgment - The skill of judgment looks at the ability of the individual to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information. This competency asks the question “How do you make decisions?”
• Interpersonal - Interpersonal skills look at the ability of the individual to develop and maintain relationships with others. This competency asks the question “How effectively do you relate with others?”
• Time Management - Time management skills looks at the ability of the individual to effectively utilize available time for the completion of necessary job tasks. This competency asks the question “How efficient and productive are you in the utilization of available working time?”
• Communication - Communication is the ability to convey info, written and oral in a clear and concise manner. Does employee use active listening skills with an interest to understand others.
• Attitude - Is a cooperative member of the team. Possess a positive, helpful attitude. Does the employee respond to emergency request for assistance?
• Coaching and Development - Coaching and development looks at the ability of an individual to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem. This competency asks the question “How well can you identify and help others to improve their knowledge or skills?”
• Leadership - Leadership skills looks at how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. This competency asks the question “How comfortable are you with making decisions and taking a leading role?”
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Interior Design and/or Architecture
Experience: 10 plus years of experience in high-end hospitality interior design preferred