Design Search Associates (DSA) offers a talent referral program if you refer a friend that our client hires. These bonuses range from $1,000 to $8,000.
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER-NCIDQ Certified $95K-$160K NO FREELANCERS!!!!
Under the direction of the VP of Interiors, the Senior Designer will be responsible for the initial design conception, technical development and execution of assigned project phases and assembly and maintenance of related documents. The Senior Designer is expected to perform at an advanced level as a result of their extensive training and/or experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assume a lead role in design presentations in communicating directly with clients and ensure that format is compatible with office and client standards/requirements.
• Conceptualize design direction for overall project and communicate to the project team.
• Coordinate design direction and in conjunction with the project manager the management of outside consultants.
• Communicate project status to VP of Interiors on a regular basis and develop and maintain communication with all project team members.
• Attend site meetings and assist in the process of reviewing properties along with the project manager.
• Review and understand with professional proficiency detailed construction documents including floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, schedules (finish, plumbing, door, fixture), furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, materials and finishes to determine compliance in areas of quality, code and design.
• Focus on service delivery while monitoring the status of assigned project tasks against the project schedule and participate on quality reviews of projects.
• Direct and review furniture installation plans and shop drawings for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with all pertinent consultant drawings.
• Generate FF&E design based on established project criteria, program and budget.
• Develop FF&E and architectural finish specifications for documentation, review and approve FF&E purchase orders, coordinate final placement of FF&E installation with all parties involved and maintain FF&E budget for all phases of the project interiors.
• Coordinate all architectural finishes with Project Architect if applicable and review plans and details to ensure proper coordination of finishes and item numbers along with the project manager.
• Have knowledge of contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases of the project from the project manager.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of FF&E specification minimum standards, informational requirements for specification and computer specification program requirements.
• Serve as principal contact for purchasing agent and FF&E vendors while working with them to select design elements that are to be specified and establish all required information for documentation.
• Participate in the solicitation of proposals for services to be provided by outside consultants as it relates to FF&E.
• Review samples, strike-offs, etc. for compliance with specifications and overall design intent.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
• Participate in maintaining relationships with existing clients and nurture relationships with potential new clients.
• Participate in the establishment and maintenance of design standards for the firm.
• Keep abreast of new hospitality industry trends that may influence design scheme.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Design Talent
• Provide senior level technical aptitude when formulating designs parameters and executing design work.
• Ability to establish logical action plans to complete work and provide technically sound solutions within deadline and budget constraints.
• Strong comprehension of hospitality design and products.
• Solid background in interior architecture and FF&E.
• Revit proficiency REQUIRED.
• Experienced presentation skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
• Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Exceptional customer-focus with an emphasis on relationship building.
• Strong ability to resolve issues utilizing sound judgment and reasoning skills.
• Professional, ethical and committed to excellence in communications.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other co-workers, departments or business units.
• Assertive and motivated to generate results.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in identifying and resolving problems utilizing sound judgment and reasoning skills.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to exercise and employ effective leadership skills and influence others across functions.
• Ability to effectively train and motivate other staff members.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Revit (required).
• Ability to travel..US Passport required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 8-10 years hospitality design experience preferred. Two or four year degree from an accredited interior design program preferred.