Design Search Associates serves as a strategic advisor to leading architecture and design firms seeking exceptional talent. Currently we are filling the following leadership opportunity and invite you to consider submitting your resume and qualifications.
Design Search Associates (DSA) offers a talent referral program if you refer a friend that our client hires. These bonuses range from $1,000 to $8,000.
Our client is a leading the hospitality design firm with offices worldwide. Our client remains keenly attuned to the pulse of changing industry trends governed by todays sophisticated traveler. Their international presence, depth of experience, and detailed industry knowledge enables them to identify interior design trends at their source, make definitive predictions about new directions and innovations, and influence design standards at a global level.
Design Manager with 8-10+ years of design experience in hospitality.
The position works closely with the Creative/Design Director and Project Manager to establish design direction and head/support the design team from concept design through project completion.
Successful candidates will have the ability to translate design concepts to plans, elevations and concept details for the rest of the design team to build upon. The position will also work closely with clients and hotel operators to ensure that both the aesthetic and operational requirements are met.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage/support design team to meet project schedules, budgets and design quality
• Lead design and development for projects including space planning, development of plans, reflected ceiling plans, elevations, construction & millwork details etc.
• Ensure continuity and consistency of design deliverables
• Maintain project schedules and manage team priorities
• Correspond and coordinate with clients, architects, lighting designers, landscape architects, structural engineers, mechanical engineers and hotel operators etc.
• Review and check all work for design, accuracy and completeness
• Availability to coordinate with Asian branch for conference calls
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture
• Minimum of 8-10+ years of high-end design experience, preferably in hospitality
• Knowledge of construction materials, details, methods, standards and building codes
• Ability to lead and work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be proficient in CAD; preference given for working knowledge of 3DsMax, Revit, Rhino, Photoshop and SketchUp
• Registered Architect or Designer & LEED AP preferred
• Proficiency in written and spoken English; preference given for proficiency in Mandarin
The ideal candidate for this position shall be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude and strong communication skills. Must be willing to travel and be comfortable with working in a multi-cultural environment.