Design Search Associates serves as a strategic advisor to leading architecture and interior design firms seeking exceptional talent. Currently we are filling the following leadership opportunity and invite you to consider submitting your resume and professional portfolio.
Design Search Associates (DSA) offers a talent referral program if you refer a friend that our client hires. These bonuses range from $1,000 to $8,000.
The Project Designer is responsible for development, implementation and creation of project design concepts for a small to mid-size project and/or several small projects. The Project Designer provides design continuity and leadership throughout the entire project. Develops the initial design concept and coordinates with other team members to further develop design concepts through schematic design and the design development project phases. This position is expected to demonstrate professionalism and sound judgment. It is essential to pass your knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
This position requires a B.S. or B.A. in Architecture and 10+ years experience in designing small to mid-size architectural projects including urban and resort hotels. An architecture license is preferred. Revit experience is a plus. It is essential for the Project Designer to have client management skills, sketching skills, project management, and negotiation experience. The Project Designer should have intermediate level AutoCAD and Photoshop skills, with at least 3-4 years working with both programs. This position must have leadership experience and the ability to manage multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals. Proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential. Presentation skills are required. Travel may be required.
• Creates, develops and implements project design concepts
• Establishes and maintains ongoing, positive and productive client relationships
• Assures design conforms to contractual agreement with client
• Assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively managing design staff to ensure efficient utilization of resources
• Monitors initial design through completion of construction
• Understands and implements processes to reduce risks and exposure
• Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors and provides performance enhancing feedback to team members
You must have experience in Hospitality projects.