Design Search Associates serves as a strategic advisor to the top architecture and interior design firms seeking exceptional talent. Currently we are filling the following leadership opportunity and invite you to consider submitting your resume and professional portfolio.
Design Search Associates (DSA) offers a talent referral program if you refer a friend that our client hires. These bonuses range from $1,000 to $8,000.
Our Client, a 350 person design firm, is considered one of the top Hospitality Design Firms specializing in 5 star Hotel/Resort interior projects with offices worldwide. They have a rare opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years design/design management in the field of hotel/resort interior design. The ideal candidate will be currently working for a top international design firm known for their cutting edge design.
Manage all phases of interior design projects, including project set-up, design and construction administration. Directs planning, organizing and monitoring of project activities to insure that services are consistent with client program and firm standards. Ensure services are delivered to client within the fee, project budget and schedule.
Background & Skills Education Bachelors degree in architecture, construction, interior design or related field. Experience 5+ years of experience in managing architecture/interior design based projects. Technical Skills Computer skills with proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign & Photoshop), Microsoft Office. Essential Functions
- Confer with Managing Director, Project Director, Design Director, Senior Designer and/or client to discuss project goals, schedule and other relevant criteria.
- Participate in preparation of project budgets, project schedules and consultant cost management.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and open communication with client and design team.
- Initiate and maintain staff utilization/ work plan throughout the course of the project.
- Prepares project status report and reviews with the Project Director.
- Assist in contract preparation and negotiation.
- Participate in preparation of project work plans, allocate fees/hours by phase/task/person and monitors semi-monthly.
- Develops fee billing and manages fee collections, coordinating with financial team.
- Recommend changes/modifications to improve project delivery system.
- Prepare supplemental service proposals for approval of Project Director or Director of Operations.
- Provide project team coordination for project deliverables. Guide external design consultants from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Develop project goals in conjunction with other team members.
- Initiate and coordinate team meetings and design reviews.
- Ensures project delivery within project criteria and firm standards.
- Create project directory, including contact information for client and all consultants.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior level staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of architectural and interior design practices and procedures, including working knowledge of FF&E processes.
- Initiate client meetings.
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Skilled in time management and contributes to financial success of projects